United Way of South Hampton Roads brings people & organizations together to solve problems too big for any of us to solve on our own.
Join us as Director, United for Children
Throughout South Hampton Roads, 22,000 children live in extreme poverty. Through United for Children (UfC), we are working together to advance integrated individual, family, neighborhood and school interventions intended to break the cycle of poverty in our community. With United Way serving as UfC’s backbone, the Director of UfC spearheads the engagement of diverse stakeholder groups that guide vision and strategy, support aligned activities and shared measurements, build public will and community engagement, advance policy, and works with the United Way team to mobilize funding to support initiative goals and objectives.
This full time, exempt, benefitted position reports to the Vice President of Programs & Integration.
Core Job Responsibilities & Skills
- Lead and coordinate all collective impact committees, workgroups, volunteers and activities.
- Establish and implement UfC’s strategies for achieving community-level results to assure every child in the communities where UfC works is healthy, successful in school and achieves post-secondary education or training sufficient to be financially stable.
- Establish and maintain a data management infrastructure that collects, manages and reports data effectively.
- Familiarity with asset-based approaches to community development, volunteerism, and corporate philanthropy.
- Ability to take concepts from initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
- Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 3-5 years relevant experience, including: early childhood and positive youth development; K-12 educational and out-of-school time programs; and strategic planning, collaborative program, development and evaluation.
Qualified, interested applicants send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be posted until filled.