About Our Investments
In 2013, the United Way of South Hampton Roads’ Board of Directors approved a strategic plan that set an exciting new direction for our work. Recognizing that every community benefits when individuals, groups, and institutions work together to solve shared problems, United Way volunteers foster cross-sector collaboration to collectively focus on identifying critical needs, comprehensive solutions and permanent results. It is within this context that we have committed to designing new funding strategies that support adaptability, flexibility, and responsiveness within our investments.
2017 Community Investments is now open!
To pursue the investments process, organizations must use the United Way’s submission portal, offered through Zengine by Wizehive. If your organization did not attend an Agency Information & Training Session in January 2017, please contact the United Way before proceeding.
Submission Support Resources
Additional resources will be posted as they become available.
- Guide to 2017 Community Investments – An in-depth overview of our investments process, eligibility criteria, and more.
- Tips on Using Zengine - An overview of Zengine terminology key buttons, and user tips.
- Part 3: Funding Application for Essential Services and Program Investments - This Word file includes all questions asked in Part 3. It is intended as a planning resource. All applications must be submitted through Zengine.
The 2017 Community Investments involves a four-stage submission process. For all agencies pursuing 2017 certification, the submission deadlines are:
· February 8th – Part 1: Organizational Overview
· February 24th – Part 2: Re-Certification
· March 3rd – Part 2: New Agency Certification
· March 17th – Part 3: Funding Applications for Essential Services & Program Investments
Applications from agencies pursuing the Non-Certified Agency Approval pathway are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Additional dates will be posted as they become available, including for the Women United Endowment Fund and Initiative Investments.
If you have questions or are interested in inquiring about our investment opportunities, please contact:
Director, Community & Partner Engagement
757-853-8500 ext. 192
Grant management software provided by WizeHive