Every year, United Way of South Hampton Roads hires a team of Campaign Managers to help run the annual Community Campaign. These managers will coach and support Employee Campaign Leaders, who are raising money within their companies. It’s their job to help the ECLs be successful, to inspire their employees to meet/exceed their goals and to grow fans of United Way.
We are looking for 1 summer Campaign Manager starting July 17 through November 17 and 4 additional Campaign Managers from August 14 through November 17. These positions are temporary full-time positions who support United Way staff and reports to the Campaign Director. Even though this is a temporary position, Campaign Managers meet and interact with many local company leaders, providing an exceptional networking opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gain a working knowledge of United Way, our certified agencies, current programs, and community projects.
- Contact and work primarily with Employee Campaign Leaders to help them plan, organize and conduct effective company campaigns. This includes providing all necessary campaign materials, developing strategies to meet goals and help executing the campaign.
- Give presentations about United Way, funded programs and agencies, and those benefitted in the community.
- Accept responsibility for achieving dollar goals set by United Way volunteers and staff.
- Maintain complete records on the assigned accounts, campaign activities, and results.
- Attend weekly meetings with United Way staff to report progress, share successes and problem-solve barriers.
- Attend campaign meetings and functions, inside and outside normal work days/times, as needed.
- Provide an evaluation with recommendations for future campaigns for each account.
- Research online data concerning individuals and companies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to style-flex to many different people, organizations, situations.
- Powerful presentations, from one-on-one to large groups. Engaging, outgoing, sincere style.
- Strong written and oral communications in person, in writing, and over the phone with a variety of people, from CEOs to front-line workers to large groups.
- Manage many projects, prioritizing and planning for highest productivity.
- Successfully solicit donations from current and new givers/businesses.
- Excellent customer service. Professional, detail oriented and punctual.
- Provide ample follow up with Employee Campaign Leaders to ensure timely completion of campaign.
- A strong work ethic and innovative spirit.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility and ability to manage issues and crisis calmly and effectively.
- Represent United Way of South Hampton Roads with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- College degree or transferrable work experience.
- Demonstrated success in sales/fundraising, customer service, teamwork.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current insurance.
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Interested? Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue accepting applications until the positions are filled.