Sharing success stories with your staff is a great way to not only thank your donors, but also educate them about how their efforts are helping turn the stories around for those most in need.
When planning an impact event, make sure to include information about how United Way of South Hampton Roads is addressing our community’s most pressing problems so donors are informed when making their giving decisions.
Here are some tips:
• Order United Way materials to use during events to educate your employees.
• Download PDFs and overviews (link to what you’ll need)
• Schedule a United Way agency tour during your campaign to help educate your co-workers about community needs.
• Work with United Way to find a speaker who can share their personal story. The best presentations combine head and heart information.
• Your Relationship Manager can help you identify and prep your speakers to ensure success.
When people give their time and efforts to make this a better community for all of us, they are more likely to give. Volunteering is also a great activity to promote during the campaign to increase participation.
Running a campaign is a great way to build team morale—so have some fun while you’re at it! The more creative, the better! Check out some great ideas for workplace giving campaigns and read about what your partners have done too.